4.18.2013

Joy and Wonder

Or, more like: I wonder what's happened to my Joy?!


she mentioned, the other day, that we don't seem to have any Joy in our household. Of course, i want to blame bad economics and a disappearing hairline, but i think it goes deeper than that.
just thinking that maybe, the loss of wonder in my current position has something to do with this lack of Joy.
you see; i do the nine-to-five day in and day out. i never wanted that.
to make matters worse: nine-to-five isn't paying the bills. i mean: how does that work? the more i entrench myself in a "career" the farther from solvent i become? who invented that scenario?
so, to recap: no wonder.
caused by nothing new.
which means i do nothing for fun.
can i even have fun anymore?
all of this results in loss of Joy.

wow. sorry to be a debby-downer on my first post since the cold war, but i stay away from blogging when i feel blue. and now i'm thinking that maybe i need to muscle through this? i know what you're saying: but i might turn away both of my readers! sure, but it will be honest, doggonit!
and just possibly even more pathetic than my usual prose. how about that for Joy?! Ha!

okay: off topic (thank heavens, right?) but to bring you up to speed i feel it is my duty to do a headcount.

believe it or not: she is still around. mostly to tell me that i am no longer Joyous, i think. well: that, and to pump out the rest of our cast (currently counting at 4, by the way).
 there is the progeny, of course.
and V 2.0.
we have since added trio
and the baby.
we still reside in the hell hole, despite my best efforts to have it burn down while we are out at a restaurant. turns out: i am no good at telekinesis. or accurate telekinesis, anyway, as i keep burning down other random houses instead.
i have a "real" job that is currently causing me much dismay, heart palpitations and a general disinterest in things that create Joy. which, i suppose, brings us back to the beginning.

thanks for checking in. that is officially 2 minutes of your life you will never get back. heh.
and that, oddly enough, brings me Joy....