9.02.2013

new lease on my (blog) life.

switching gears a bit.
not that i am prone to make changes mid-stride or anything (hey, don't laugh!), but something that i have been wanting to blog about for some time has finally come to the fore-front of my daily dealings.
this is something that has always been a big deal to me, but has not had much of a - shall we say- "voice".

I am currently working through a 24 day challenge with a few thousand other people around the country. each person's task or goal is different. some are looking to launch into their dream job. others are looking to lose weight. still others have: start that novel; plan that trip; or even chart a step by step plan to buy an island.

As i was signing up for this 24 day gut check, i pored over my possible options.S ure there are a few million things that i would love to be able to check off my bucket list. but what i decided ultimately was my goal was to give my best to my family.
and no, not in a "so long, been great, thanks for the food" giving my best. this is what i came to the conclusion of:
it seems that for most of us, we go through life being kind to strangers, helpful to others and encouraging to our acquaintances, but when it comes to our families...well, they'll understand... right?

but i want to take the next 24 days to set a course for flipping that mentality on its head. how about that i be always kind, generous, encouraging, service-oriented and just down-right awesome to my wife and kids?!

who cares about all the other people i come across... right?

well, my hope is that if i get into the habit of being generally awesome around the house, that it will bleed out into the real world, too. the opposite is true, so why can't it work in reverse? besides, i spend the start and end hours of each day at home. if i can make that my "happy place" then it's thumbs high all day!

so there you have it. my under tended blog finally has purpose! my musings (and findings) about making the family my, no-holds-barred, most important place.