5.29.2015

Platform Schmattform

Brilliant, right? Finally "out" myself as an author, toss up two e-books that NO ONE will ever read, and then abandon the blog for eternity.
Yup. that pretty much sums it up.

Ok, thanks for checking in. Just wanted to make sure we were on the same page...

Oh, alright, maybe I should stick around and at least finish this post. Topic?

work.

aw. crap. not that again...

well, as a matter of fact, my work is one of the few things going well right now. You may or may not know that I turned a new(er) leaf back in 2013. Quit the dead end job I had schlepping crates around a warehouse and chose to launch headlong into--wait for it... a guess.
Okay, an educated guess, sure. I left a salaried job to pursue something I thought I was marginally good at. Writing.
Turns out it was the right move! (finally!)
Apparently, I am good at writing... I know! I'm surprised, too--hey, wait.
So now, almost two years from the leap, I've made more coin than any other job I've ever had. Even though I've worked less hours overall.
I get to write from home/Panera and can convince perfect strangers that they should pay me to do it.
Pretty powerful mojo, I'll tell ya.

Now if I could just get the kids to listen to me...

Anyway, the only problem with my new-found self-employed career is that I am only one guy. For example, right now it would be great to have a clone who could write the highly technical piece that's due Monday, brand the contact card due Thursday, and compose the seven remaining bios that were due last week so that I can go to the on-site contract job and stare at those two screens all day.
Oh. First world problems, I got. 

No comments: