2.17.2017

A storm's coming...

Now don't go getting all excited (after all, this is terriblywitty: the least posted-on blog of all time), but I am about to embark on some real writing.
Not in this post, mind you. I wouldn't be so silly as to attempt actual worthwhile prose on here! What I mean is that I am very serious about furthering my all-but-dead career as a budding novelist... or, to be more precise, short storyist.

I realized a few months ago that I am really good for the first few chapters of any idea. Ok, let's be honest, I'm really only good for the first few paragraphs. Kind of like this blog, come to think of it...

Still reading? Nice! I admire your tenacity.

So here's a quick recap of life to this point and then you can get on to whatever it was that my presence on the interwebs interrupted you from.

The full-time writing gig came to a close moments before we signed our lives away to purchase a 60s micro-mansion in North Columbus. Despite less than advantageous employment, the banks acquiesced this 2200 square foot new-lease-on-life to me in the hopes that my stellar writing career would take off so that I could pay for said domicile.
Selling the hell hole to some unlucky sucker--I mean, lucky new owner, meant that a crapload of cash landed smack dab in our laps. And, what does a budding novelist do with 5 digits of greenbacks? Play endless games of Soda Crush, of course!
Having my gainful employment dwindle, this lackluster winter drag on, and a new south-facing carpeted living room means that any ounce of motivation I once had has been unceremoniously sucked from my soul, landing me face first in the sunny patch on the beige floor. Sooooo niiice!

During this time of prostrate pensiveness, I decided that my English degree (still not paid off), new computer (harbinger of Soda Crush), and loads of free time should account for something. So I am going to start writing in earnest.
What that means is: I might actually finish some of the projects I've started over the past 10 years. I might also create new, compelling stories that have things like a plot, solid characters, and an 11-year old boy who finds out he's a wizar--oh, wait. That's been done before...

Well. Looks like I better get back to crushing some soda, then. Sorry to bother everyone out there in the Cyber void. As you were.

No comments: