8.08.2017

Checking in

As much as the subject sounds like I am headed for a white jacket and padded walls, I am sorry to say (for those of you who might prefer I stay locked up) that it's just referring to my transient tag on this blog. Namely: this post.

So what gives, right? I mean, why do I consistently get your hopes of another witty blog post only to bash those dreams in and leave you with this disjointed composite of prose?

I'm an artist.

Ok, back up. So, while that statement is true, I am not saying it gives me carte blanche rights to blanch carts. But being an artist might actually explain my bipolar blogging.

What can I say? I was dumped on by the creative faerie when I was born. I seem to go through life getting hit with waves of creative inspiration that leaves me paralyzed. Allow me to demonstrate:

I was playing Catan with my kids (yes, we're geeks. What of it?) and I became inspired with an idea for a really involved Steampunk game. I'm super jazzed about it, and have started trying to create a prototype to test play. Awesome, right? Wrong.

As I am designing this board game, I joined my kids in a trip to the library. I spend the better part of 30 minutes perusing the various titles only to get hit by the muse once again. Only this time, it isn't for the game. It's to write a book. Nevermind the Steampunk book I am currently writing--this would be a loss-leader kind of book to get out there as a published author. Not too unlike the ebooks I penned a few years back...

Okay, so novel, board game, and memoir book. Check. But is that enough for my little heart to dwell on? No. You can add to this list a PVC trebuchet I want to build, an in-ground trampoline for the kids, a quirky playhouse for sweetness, an office building to buy and rent out, a copywriting business to grow, and designing and producing products to help elderly people gain independence. 

And that's just this month!

The point is: I can't stay focused! Every few days another dream or vision of something I could make/write/build/create hijacks my desire to create a worthwhile blog.

Well. That's all I have for you today. Just a quick post to remind you why you never check this blog. But I'm not offended; it's all the muse's fault.

No comments: