8.14.2018

feelings...nothing more than...crap!

well, i feel bad.

i was at one of my favorite blogs (which i had to delete from my diversion list because it is now private...) and i realized that it puts me to shame. to shame! you see, i have the url "terriblywitty". am i earning that nomicker? noOoo. shame!
i enter one lousy post a month. and not even on the same day a month... terrible, yes. witty, noOoo.

and now i see that some people put "sketchbooks" on their blogs.
man, now i feel even worse!

not bad enough that my second cousin is showing me up with wittier posts and great insight, but i have some random norwegian out there doing fantastic art on her blog and i just post some lame-o, pixelated image of my front and back yard every month.
well, there is the occasional link to entertaining videos...
but really, what is this blog for? is it terriblywitty, or should i rename it to wouldhavebeengreatificouldjustgetmyheadoutofmyarse.blogspot?
but then, who would want to type that url?

arrgh! i hate scruples. especially when i don't see it changing my behavior.
there is simply too much pressure to perform.
i could make a post that i hope will be witty and entertaining (the focus of this site, afterall, is for the betterment of the mind through crap...) but then i end up posting something like what you're reading now (which, i am truly sorry for) and where is the betterment in that? i mean, you might as well just *gasp* go outside! *end gasp*

but then again, why go outside when you can scroll down the page and see my front and back yard. or wait a few weeks and see the same image from next month.

but i digress, maybe this post is everything my blog claims it should be. after all, i don't make any guarantees, do i? i never told you that this was going to be anything spectacular... i merely implied it with the title. and i really can't help it if my vivacity and charisma comes through online. that is just something you'll have to get used to.

and finally, the reason i am disgusted with my online presence: this post.

2 comments:

Me said...

We understand that your blog is taking a temporary back seat to Life. Someday you will run out of Life and your blog will flourish with terribly witty posts such as this one. So my question is this: What important aspect to your existence did you ignore in order to write this post? Is there a sobbing baby with a reeeeeeeally big diaper out there?

I've had this horrible headache all day and that White Stripes video almost gave me a seizure. I had to bail in the first 15 seconds. Then I watched the OK GO video and, even though everyone looked like dancing blood clots, it was so soothing to my head. How strange.

studmuffin said...

ok go, apply directly to your neurons!

ok go, apply directly to your neurons!

ok go, apply directly to your neurons...


sorry, screaming progeny... gotta go.